Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

spoiled

Reflecting on the flexibility of my job, I often think to myself “I’ll never be able to work in The States again.” I don’t think I work less here than I did in my old life, I just don’t have timesheets to worry about. I can work at home or at the office and if I work late at night or in the middle of the day is largely up to me.

This belief was reinforced yesterday. I asked my supervisor for most of December and January off for the conference in Cuba and a month-long visit home over Christmas time. She didn’t even blink when telling me it was fine. Where else will I ever work where taking off 40 days (in addition to my numerous other shorter vacations earlier in the year) is fine, even encouraged?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home