Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Monday, August 21, 2006

beer fest recap

So I spent Friday and Saturday nights at the Belgrade Beer Festival. It was the nice rather small, rather calm beer festivals I used to attend in Portland on steriods (in every way except the number of beers represented).

The major breweries had huge booths with things like 15 foot tall inflated beer cans and mock town squares and huge screens showing ads. And there was a big stage with music, not random street performers or marching bands wandering through the place. And so many people that it was hard to walk around at times.

The most bizarre aspect of it was that there were carnival rides. Drunk people + a tilt-a-whirl is not good. I feel bad for the clean up crew.

At one point on Saturday night, my friend G, an American, and his Bosnian girlfriend and I were sitting at a table half-way between the live music stage and the carnival. The sounds of both were loud enough to prevent conversation. There were flashing lights and screens in most directions and crowds of people all around.

G turned to me and yelled, 'this is what I hate about America.'

5 Comments:

  • At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahaha..funny
    Oh Mr.G, we are all, unfortunately getting americanized but in the worst possible way..our cultures are dying and we are all turning toward globalism culture. sad

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beer Fest is great.

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Bg anon said…

    Aha so you were there too.

    Well I thought it was a success this year. You should have chilled out with the bus crew close to the blueberry beer stand.

    Please check out the Beer Fest Report over at Belgrade Blog.

    Cheers (burp)

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We all were there :) Didn't saw me!?!

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Bg anon said…

    Yeah Belgrade fan I did but I wasnt sure which one of those three (alcohol distorted vision) you were.

    Probably the one in the middle right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home