Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Thursday, August 03, 2006

goodbyes

In Slovakia, I said goodbye to my friend S. We have plans to meet up in November for Thanksgiving and watching British TV.

At 3:30 in the morning at the bus station, it was hard to work up much emotion for the goodbye. I'm going to see her again in 3 1/2 months. That feels like no time at all. Most of the goodbyes that I have said in my recent life have been for much much longer.

K, a friend who lives in Banja Luka (in Bosnia) stayed with me last night. As we at burek and waited for her bus this afternoon, it was even harder to be emotional about the goodbye. I'm seeing her at the end of the month. 'Practically this afternoon,' we told each other.

It troubles me a bit that not seeing someone that I am fond of for 3 months isn't a big deal. I like her. It should matter.

I suppose that being so far away from so many people that I care about has skewed my sense of time regarding such things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home