Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Saturday, July 15, 2006

So that’s why ‘It’s a Small World After All’ is set to music

I rarely have ‘small world’ moments, largely because I am so far from all that is familiar. It the past few days, I have had two, both involving music.

A few days back, I was sitting in the British Council, reading the international edition of Time while my brother used the internet. There was an article about the six CDs to buy for the summer or some such. One of those CDs was by Tapes ‘n’ Tapes, my former coworker’s band. Over two years ago, I saw them when they toured through Portland. It’s the only time I have been on a guest list. My +1 for the evening was a fellow that I sort of dated (the relationship was brief, but the events surrounding it, including him later admitting that he was lusting after my best friend the entire time, have become an Epic Saga.) It’s good to see that a man I went to movies went and ate lunch in the park with is becoming the rock star we used to joke about him becoming.

Earlier this afternoon, I was at my friend T’s house for book exchanging and catching up before I leave town. On his kitchen table, was the CD of March Fourth, a band based in Portland that I had seen play a few times. The aforementioned jerkface’s best friend is a member of that band. “How did you get this?” I asked. T’s housemate met a band member last week while traveling in Croatia. The band played in a parade for the World Cup, apparently. The band member then came and stayed at T’s house for a few days while visiting Belgrade.

The houseguest wasn’t the aforementioned best friend; I checked.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    maybe it`s a bit late, but...
    That`s so cool!!! I love Tapes `n Tapes and if you are still in contact with the band member, maybe you should tell him that he has fans in Belgrade, too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home