Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Enter the intern

I have a huge project at work right now, putting together the English version of our website. Thus far, it has involved scanning articles from books that we have published and proof-reading them (because some of the English is terrible, bordering incomprehensible). Soon, I will have to start translating the articles that we do not have English versions of. Good Serbian practice - especially since my language class ended today (no one else was showing up & it isn't financially feasible to have only one student in the class) - but tedious.

Fortunately, I have an intern for the summer. I should say that the organization has an intern, but at times, she is very much my own personal underling - as I was the one in e-mail contact with her before her arrival, explained how things work here, answer most of her questions, and give her most of her tasks. She's an American grad student in Russian and Eastern European studies. Being able to tell her what to do (in a nice way, of course) makes me feel powerful - but not as powerful as I did in my last job where I had up to 40 interns at a time.

In other news, I was outed by anonymous expat in the grocery store. It's weird to meet people in real life that are only known across computer screens. As we parted, she said, 'see you in cyberspace.'

And in other other news, footage of me stripping in the square last week will be included in a documentary that is being made about Women in Black.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Belgrade Daily Photo said…

    Ha, well I purposely tried not to truly "out" you, which is why I didn't ask you about it during the breaks when lots of people were around!

    Anyway, it's nice to finally meet you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home