Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Monday, June 12, 2006

outsider

The Inside Man, Spike Lee’s latest offering, just made it to the theater here. While a several month delay from US release date to Serbian release date is common for small movies, I saw this movie in Croatia in April.

Serbian and Croatian are very similar languages. Until about 20 years ago, they were the same language. I have seen movies here with Croatian subtitles. Why the delay?

From what I can tell the Serbians & Croatians did not team up on this film. They didn’t even translate the title the same. In Split, I saw Insajder. Here, they are showing Covek Iznutra. Weird.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger Brad said…

    more racism?
    also, a translation of the Serb title would be helpful. My guess is "Covert Inside."

    and you could call it "Spike Lee's latest joint." He makes joints. Perhaps he offers them to people also. I bogart them--I haven't offered him a single joint.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger rachel said…

    the serbian title means 'Man Inside.'

     

Post a Comment

<< Home