Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

victory at last

After disappointing performances in both the World Cup and the Basketball World Championships in recent months, Serbian athletes have finally redeemed themselves. On Sunday night, Serbia became the European champion in waterpolo (which is a sport that people pay attention to here).

The match was a short distance from my flat, so throughout the evening, I could hear the crowd’s cheers. After the victory, I could lean out my window and watch the celebratory fireworks. Then, the predominant sound shifted to honking horns, blasting stereos and cheering and singing fans. Had I been more motivated, I would have gone downstairs and people-watched. I’m sure it would have been entertaining.

As it was, I laid in bed listening to the ruckus and after a while went to sleep.

An exciting life, I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home