Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Saturday, December 03, 2005

how i spent my Saturday

It's 10:30 on Saturday night and I'm in my office. Eating cheesecake and playing a not so fun game of translation-telephone. J and I have a text in Spanish that needs to be in Serbian by tomorrow. So it's Spanish-English- Serbian. (I'm doing the Spanish-English leg of the journey.) I didn't ask why our boss, who is fluent in both Serbian & Spanish, not doing it herself.

And I have been working since 9am. There was a missing person's conference. I listened to Kosovars, of Serb, Albanian, & Bulgarian varities discuss their family members who disappeared in the late '90s. I listened to debates on forensic anthropology techniques. I got to wear one of those cool simultaneous translation headsets that I thought only people at the UN got to use.

The translation is done. Time to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home