Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

flashy

There are many things that I expect to be distinctly American. This week, Thanksgiving is the most notable example of such things.

One thing that I did not expect to be exclusively American is the flashcard. Every day, I make new slips of paper with my new Serbian vocabulary written on one side, the English equivalent on the other. I carry them around with me, practicing my words when I have a free moment. No one else has seen flashcards before. Flashcards are unfamiliar to Cypriots, Swedes, Swiss, and Serbs. But they all seem to be able to learn foreign languages.

How?

3 Comments:

  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Belgrade Daily Photo said…

    Are you making your flashcards on regular ol' paper? I have been unable to find index cards anywhere in this city, I finally resorted to bringing some in from the USA. :) I've gotta have flashcards too!

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know someone who learned Greece in a year through flashcards.
    and hard work.
    I have 3x5 cards for my hipsterPDA. I haven't seen any in Greece.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger rachel said…

    I'm using slips of paper. I actually prefer them to index cards.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home