Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

when the brother says update. . .

I won't be writing as much now that I have an apartment. Yes, I no longer live in my office. The only drawback of this new arrangement is no high-speed internet.

Overall, it's fabulous. I can be messy. I can cook garlic without having to close every door leading toward the kitchen to keep the smell contained. No one comes unannounced to spend the night in the next room. It's on the sixth floor, the top floor, which means that I don't need a stairmaster. It also means that everyone else's heat rises up to my apartment & I don't have to turn the heat on very high.

I spent Sunday, the first day in my new home watching Spanish (not Latin American) telenovelas, making stock & then potato soup, baking brownies, studying Serbian, and reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. It's an amazing book & from my point halfway through, highly recommended.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Belgrade Daily Photo said…

    Hey I read that book too. I checked it out from the British Council library. You didn't get it from there by any chance, did you?

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I HAVE POWER!
    Though, funny story, my bedroom light doesn't work.

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger rachel said…

    I did get it from the British Council library. A friend is a member & borrowed it for me. I'm planning to join soon.

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Belgrade Daily Photo said…

    Small world! Especially here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home