Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Friday, November 04, 2005

All I want for Christmas:

The parents asked me to put together my Christmas list. It is definately the most boring Christmas list I have ever created. I just don't want to be accumulating lots of stuff here, only to leave it behind when I move on in a few years. I like to pretend that I travel light, although the people who helped me carry my luggage up the hill from the bus station to my office would disagree. And here it is:

- a short wave radio (so I can listen to BBC world service & other non-Serbian radio. Nothing helps me sleep as well as the British talking about cricket matches.)
- a black fleece jacket & other black clothing (I don't have enough)
- a gift certificate to audible.com or the apple music store so I can get This American Life & other nice things to listen to
- books - preferrably paperback & not related to feminism, the Balkans, peace, etc. (I have plenty of books on those topics here.)
- money for traveling and other fun things

So unexciting. I guess that is what happens when you have enough money to buy yourself what you want, when you want it. I don't have to save up my desires for gift-giving time.

At least I'm not asking for sox.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This weblink shows how to download TAL episodes onto your computer so you don't have to be connected to the internet to listen to them:

    http://www.boingboing.net/2005/05/19/download_this_americ.html

    So it might be unethical, but I justify it be sending in my annual contribution to my local NPR station...

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry, the link didn't show fully. Go here:

    www.boingboing.net/2005/05/19/download_this_americ.html

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn!

    the last part is:

    download_this_americ.html

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And no shoelaces on your wish list either!!
    Momdre

     
  • At 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rachel's dad got Stiffed from his sister for a birthday, not his favorite book of the year.
    Momdre

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger rachel said…

    So maybe I don't want Stiffed. And it feels strange to opt for black over color (E, you have won!) but I don't need army green. Thanks anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home