Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

lying is bad

Last Friday, about 5 WiB activists spent the night at my home/office. Exhausted (after 3 hours of sleep the night before) and wanting to be alone, I told what I thought was a white lie. I said that I was feeling a bit sick & since we were all getting up at 5 the next morning, I wanted to rest. I thought that it would be a painless way to excuse myself from a few hours of listening to people speak a language I do not yet understand.

The problem is that now I AM sick. I think there might be something to new-agey theories that verbalizing something makes it so. My stomach has been a bit strange & I woke up this morning with a sore throat. Nothing terrible, but I would rather not be experiencing it.

The moral of my story: lying is bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home