Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

enter winter

I woke up yesterday to see snow falling outside my kitchen window. And it snowed all day. It was quite lovely & fun to see the kids at the school across the street trying to form the tiny bits of snow that were sticking into snowballs.

I have been trying to avoid wearing my winter coat for as long as possible, knowing that soon enough it will be in regular rotation. Soon enough is here. I also am regularly carrying about my hat and mittens. It's all manageable so far, but people keep warning me about the bone-chilling wind that will soon be coming from Translyvania.

I'm not looking forward to winter.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Eric Gordy said…

    The worst thing about winter in Belgrade: the Košava. This is a wind (from the north, I am guessing) which goes on for two or three days, makes your ears freeze when you are outside and makes you feel like your windows will fall on you when you are inside.

    The best thing about winter in Belgrade: hot red wine!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home