Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Monday, September 24, 2007

…To Sarajevo…

From the coast, I headed to Sarajevo, to meet up with people from working putting on a speaking tour on religious fundamentalism. I arrived in Sarajevo hours before they did, so I spent some time wandering around the city.

I hadn’t been in Sarajevo in about a year and a half. The only times I had been there before were with two good friends who were once a couple and with my family. I wandered the slightly-familiar streets feeling a bit melancholy and alone. My thoughts were interrupted by S, a woman I had met days before at the coast. We chatted for a moment and she invited me out for ice cream. As we walked to the ice cream shop, we ran into E, another woman I had met at the coast.

It’s hard to feel melancholy when one is eating ice cream with a new acquaintance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home