Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

the evil empire

One of my classmates, T, the man from Japan, spent the weekend in Paris. Today was his first day back after his trip. We spent the first few minutes of class looking over his photos. I’ve never been one of those Americans who have a thing about Paris, but looking at his photos, I realized that it is a really beautiful place. Maybe I’ll have to get myself there.

And he brought back presents for us. Take a moment to think of all the things that one could bring back from Paris… None of these are what T chose to give us. He brought back Starbucks coffee.

I’m excited about it, though. Starbucks has happy memories for me. It’s from my hometown. My suburb has three that share a parking lot. I’ve spent many a lovely afternoon reading and eavesdropping in Starbucks. They're quite good to their employees. And now I have a bag of House Blend. I hope that it tastes okay prepared Turkish-style.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    starbucks from paris?? japanese are obsessed with americans! poor us with u guys!

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    way to support local business!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home