Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Thursday, December 08, 2005

ow!

Yesterday, I realized that me + umbrella + crowd = a danger to society

There should be a licensing program that one must undergo before being allowed to use an umbrella on a crowded street. And I should not be given a license.

I've never been one to carry an umbrella, but I decided to here, as it is what everyone else seems to do & my raincoat doesn't fit over my winter coat. It is a terrible idea.

The streets are crowded here, so when I pass by others, I either raise my umbrella up so high that I get wet or keep it low enough to keep me dry, but catch it on others' umbrellas, shoulders, etc. [I don't think I took out an eye, but I could have.] To save others & maintain some relatively good karma, I'm resigning myself to being wet a lot. Or maybe I'll track down a broad brimmed fisherman's hat.

In other news, after this morning's humbling review session in my Serbian class, I have decided to see if it is possible to speak without using adjectives or pronouns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home