Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

At least there were no snakes

I had a terrible travel day coming back—I was sick enough that I couldn’t get too worked up about it, though.


My flight was early in the morning. My roommate also had an early flight, so we went together. We first caught a taxi to a train station, where we were supposed to catch a train to the airport. Even with her French, we couldn’t figure out if the trains were running and none of the English rugby fans sleeping in the station were any less clueless than we were. After about a half an hour, I started to get panicky. We decided to take a taxi – we arrived at the airport with plenty of time. I checked in and got on my first plane of the day.


Somehow, I managed to lose my boarding pass for the second flight. I was expecting headaches because of this, but the customs man was kind and when I finally got to my gate, the clerk there just printed out another one for me (a bit worrying, when I think about it now.)


And then, I arrived in Belgrade, but my luggage didn’t. At this point, I was too exhausted to care very much, only slightly worried that I would never see my possessions again. My bag just decided to stay an extra day in Milan. It was delivered to my flat last night.


I am hoping that these events take care of all of my bad travel karma for a while.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    one more thing..flying thru MILAN-always sucks!! they lost my bags like million times..
    but now since everything is ok. you can rest and enjoy rainy belgrade--as i hear...dont worry,in geneva is very windy--which i hate!
    i.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Newbie said…

    Both times that I have flown into Belgrade via Milan and Atlanta, my bags have not arrived when I did.

    This was because the flights out of Atlanta were late taking off and although I made my Milan connection, my bags did not.

    Both times the lost luggage people at the Belgrade airport were courteous and efficient and delivered my bags to me the next day here in Novi Sad.

    Sorry you had a bad travel day and didn't feel well on top of that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home