Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

more music

A while ago, my brother and I had a chat while sitting on a bench in Kalemegdan about ruined music, those songs that you just can't listen to because they are associated with memories that make you wince. Between the two of us, we could list a few.

This conversation was inspired by this site. Instead of keeping our private conversation private, we have both had stories published there. His is here. Mine is here. (Ok, so I thought of this song after that conversation.)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This latest blog's rather melancholy,
    but I guess that's what makes us listen to the music. By the way Rachel, did you realize that "tragedija, komedija, (whatever) by Rambo... is actually a parody, the Serbian spoken is "broken" and mechanical and doesn't always quite correspond to the English equivalent?

    best,
    M

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger rachel said…

    I did... that's part of why I like that song. I know enough to get [at least some of] the joke.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home