Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

in search of heart-shaped pizza

I went to Pizza Hut yesterday evening, because it was Valentine's Day. F told me that five years ago in Romania, Pizza Hut served heart-shaped pizzas on Valentine's Day. Then and there, the restaurant was brimming with high school students. I was curious to see such a sight.

There wasn't too much Valentine's celebration in Belgrade yesterday. Some selling of roses and stuffed hearts (like stuffed animals, but heart-shaped) on the street. I saw a few couples on the street with the female half carrying a present or two.

There were no heart-shaped pizzas in sight when I visited the Pizza Hut. It was around 5pm, though, probably too early for dates and most people seemed to just be having coffee. (And I couldn't motivate myself to leave the house to investigate later in the evening.)

And the music playing in the restaurant: REM's 'Everybody Hurts.' Not so Valentine's-appropriate.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Lynnwood Pizza Hut reader board advertised heart-shaped pizzas. Given that I didn't think I could get one without Parmesan cheese or tomato sauce (and the fact that I saw the sign on February 12), I did not check it out.
    Momdre

     

Post a Comment

<< Home