Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

postgame

So the Seahawks lost. . .

I enjoyed the game, although I am still recovering from the late night. The game started at 12:30 local time. I was maybe asleep by 5.

I missed all the (what I imagine to be) good commercials. There were 3 commercials total - all during the first quarter. I guess the Serbian station couldn't sell any ads. They were all for beer, though, which is comforting. While those of you in America were watching commercials, we were looking at random footage of fans, sidelines, garbage cans, etc. We also had the occassional Celine Dion or equally good half-a-music video. Lovely. It was the NFL international video feed on local TV, which meant Serbian announcers, but English languages graphics. It was quite entertaining, especially when what they were saying was in no way related to the fancy graphics onscreen.

Just wait until next year (that's what I'm supposed to say, right?)

3 Comments:

  • At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    at least I got American announcers.
    But, also, an hour less sleep.
    gratuitous link:
    http://dashm.livejournal.com/87646.html

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You can learn about the origin of the tortilla chip here -- the creator died last month.
    ttp://www.theworld.org/latesteditions/02/20060208.shtmlhistory
    momddre

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    boring..give us some serbian lifestyle and u..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home