Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Friday, March 24, 2006

rumble

There was an earthquake here on Wednesday. News reports said it was a 4.4. I didn't think that Serbia had earthquakes.

I was sitting at my kitchen table writing when it happened. At first, I thought it was just some weirdness in my apartment building. (The power and water cut off fairly often, there's a woman downstairs who screams all the time, shaking didn't seem like much of stretch.) But it was the movement of techtonic plates.

Now, I have experienced an earthquake in every country in which I have lived.

Apparently, I am bad luck.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Brad said…

    if it was every STATE, that'd be something. Minnesota'd never get one. They have enough other natural problems to deal with, though.
    the point: it's cold there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home