Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Monday, March 20, 2006

crowded weekend: episode 4

And the finale of my tour of very diverse Belgrade crowds happened on Saturday evening. A few friends and I took in the Belgrade International Wine Festival.

A Portland beer festival, it was not -- as my companions learned from my repeated comparisons -- but it was really fun. One way in which it was much better than PDX's alcohol festivals was that all tastes were free once you paid your entry fee. So, I tasted all sorts of wines from all over the region and a few from Spain and Argentina, along with some pelikovac and rakija. The whole evening highlighted my ignorance of all things wine. I do not have the vocabulary to say much more than I like it or it's sweet. If only I had paid closer attention during Sideways.

Someday, when I am not working to pick up another language, I will educate myself about wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home