Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Monday, April 02, 2007

Jastrebac

I spent a lovely weekend at a seminar on transitional justice in Jastrebac, a mountain vacation-place a few hours from Belgrade.

The seminar was interesting, but I had heard most of it before. I attended a very similar conference nearly a year and a half ago. This time, though, I could understand what was going on sans translation. Hooray for progress! And now, with my language skills, I 'get to' serve as a minder of sorts for the non-BCS-speaking foreigners who appear among us. This weekend, that meant trying to help out a co-producer of a movie I have heard of, but never got around to seeing, who was filming us.

The real joy of the weekend was being in nature for a bit. It had been ages since I had been out of a city for real (not just looking at the countryside from the window of a train). Wandering around, looking at trees and brooks and mountains and the signs of spring was renewing, even if the underjunk wasn't quite what I am accustomed to.

I had forgotten how clean air can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home