Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Thursday, March 22, 2007

nothing too noteworthy

It’s been a while. I have realized that my life is fairly routine right now, or at least the things that would have seen exciting and blog-worthy a year ago, aren’t any more. I’m not sure if I should be excited or disappointed about that.

A few mildly amusing things have happened that I suppose are worth noting:

I have realized that living alone makes me ridiculously rigid. Last night, while making samosas, I listened to Barack Obama’s speech at the DNC because I always listen to that speech while making samosas. (Or at least the 3 times I have ever made samosas, I have listened to that speech.)

I learned today in my Serbian class that the word for needles, like on a tree, is the diminutive form of the word for needles used to sew. Small easy-to-remember things like that make me very happy.

A few minutes later after I made this discovery, my teacher asked me about the connection between the words ‘iron’ and ‘irony.’ I suppose I am super unobservant, but I never noticed that irony is just iron+y.

I am going to give up movies for a while. I find that my first reaction is to criticize… I think taking a vacation from the form will renew my sense of wonder.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Don't be afraid of routine..
    ponekad dodjem..
    pozdravi iz italije

     

Post a Comment

<< Home