Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Thursday, March 15, 2007

the sight on the street

Last night, Iron Maiden had a concert in Belgrade (yeah, we get all the hot new stars). They are still really popular here. When the tickets for the show went on sale, there was a long line at one of the ticket selling venues when I walked past it before 9 am.

Yesterday, I ran a few errands yesterday afternoon and everywhere I went there were crowds of people wearing Iron Maiden T-shirts. Not a normal sight on the high-fashion streets of Belgrade, but very good people watching.

I never wear the T-shirt of a band I am seeing in concert. Part of that is I don't buy too many band's T-shirts (or go to too many concerts, frankly. Wearing the T-shirt of the band playing is just too earnest for me, but apparently it is the hip thing to do here (and plenty of people do it in other places as well).

4 Comments:

  • At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So hows the concert? From an Iron Maiden fan in the US

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger rachel said…

    I didn't go, so I can't say.

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rachel,
    I saw this article and thought of you-- or should I say someone we both know. :) It's about how wealthier couples in the USA are sleeping in separate rooms (at least that's how I understood the article) and it also states that the average size of an American home is 270 sq meters.

    But check out the first comment on the article! :)

    http://www.b92.net/zivot/vesti.php?yyyy=2007&mm=03&nav_id=237303

    --Alison

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger rachel said…

    thanks for that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home