Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Thursday, March 29, 2007

big break #3

[My first big break in the Serbian media happened in November 2005. My foray into movie stardom occurred last July.]

Women in Black had a vigil on Monday, marking the eighth anniversary of a war crime in Suva Reka, Kosovo. Forty-eight Kosovar Albanians, 47 of them members of the same family were killed by Serbian Interior Ministry Police (this isn’t quite the right way to translate their job title, but I haven’t yet figured out a better translation.)

We stood on the square for an hour. Of course, the press showed up. (We have vigils so often & the press always comes. It doesn’t seem particularly newsworthy at this point, but I am not complaining.) A photo of me, and two people standing next to me, was published in the leftist daily the following day.

I guess I’m some sort of famous now. Not a very impressive sort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home