Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Law and Order: Serbian Visa Unit

Between traveling, my inability to follow the European style of writing dates (I thought 2.1.2006 was February 2nd, not January 1st), and laziness, I didn't renew my student visa in time. (Although, because of my traveling, I currently have tourist status - no danger of deportation.)

So I spent this morning at the ministry for foreigners with Lj, a coworker, trying to sort things out. We waited in a lot of lines, met with a lot of people, and filled out a form or two, and tried to figure out what was going on.

The good result: I can pick up my passport complete with new shiny student visa on Thursday morning.

The bad result: I ended up with a court date. In 3.5 hours, I will be in court -- with Lj again - where they will decide what my fine will be. If I understood the conversation correctly, it will be somewhere between $7 and $55. Lj's a talker, so I have high hopes.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bad karma: I just watched the Gilmore Girls where Rory's in court. Things go badly for her.
    Good thing you didn't go to Yale. Or steal a yacht.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home