Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

rukomet

The brother was in town for the weekend, which was lovely.

He likes sports, among other things. After checking out my This Month in Belgrade brochure, we decided to go to a basketball game on Saturday night. We web searched to make sure that there was a game & to figure out where it was. We could find the time, but couldn't figure out if it was a home or away game. The brochure said it was, so we decided to walk to the sports hall and try our luck.

I got a bit turned around of the way there, but we found it with a few minutes to spare. We couldn't figure out where to buy tickets, so we just walked in. I asked the security guard where to buy tickets & he told me that entry was free. So we entered to find ourselves at the beginning of the second half of a handball game, Serbia v. Denmark.

We found seats and watched. My new vocabulary (rukomet=handball) came in mindly useful. It's been a long time since I watched a sport about which I knew nothing. The brother gained knowledge of the sport in Sweden, so that helped some.

Denmark won easily.

After the game, we came home & saw the game that we thought we were going to see on TV. It was in Croatia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home