Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Monday, December 26, 2005

happy merry

Christmas came and went, I suppose. But it doesn't really feel like that.

This is the first time that I have ever been somewhere that wasn't celebrating christmas along with me. Nothing was closed. A few Serbian friends text messaged me xmas greetings, but they weren't celebrating themselves. There were a few presents, some cookies, French toast at some American friends' house (where I also made a Chanukah candle). We saw the new Narnia movie (all about Jesus after all). It was a beautiful sunny day - the best in weeks.

I also had the first of my new weekly dates with Ira. My aunt gave me a subscription for Christmas. The Christmas spectacular episode is amazing.

But there is no day-after-Christmas lull. There are still street vendors selling Christmas decorations at full price. Decorations will still be up for another 2 weeks, as Orthodox Christmas isn't until January 7.

And, I am heading to the airport in a few minutes to meet R, who is carrying with him more presents.

I like my holidays spread out. I often try to make my birthday last a month. It's nice to have the calendar helping me extend christmas this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home