Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Friday, February 09, 2007

induction ceremony

In honor of almost-Valentine's Day, I think it is time for my list of imaginary boyfriends to increase by one. It does not yet include a man who writes books without pictures.

Joining previous inductees Johnny Depp, Gael Garcia Bernal, Ira Glass, Barack Obama, and Craig Thompson (The only one I met in real life. We spoke about bikes and how Portland is better than Iowa and Wisconsin.) is Chris Hedges. He is the author of one of my favorite books and his newest looks equally amazing (only 9 months until I’ll be in an extensive English language bookstore again). If you want to read his smart words, go here. I read it a couple of times last night. It was kind of like a date. We share a lot of interests. We could so totally fall in love while talking about conflicts in the Balkans and scary Christians in the states. I think I want to be him when I grow up.

Or, to quote E when she e-mails me Colbert’s latest bon mot, ‘I want to marry this man’s brain.’

1 Comments:

  • At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chris was on Colbert Report last night. I thought of you. Momdre

     

Post a Comment

<< Home