Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Friday, May 12, 2006

progress. . .

It's been a good few days for my Serbian.

Yesterday, I translated a grant application from Serbian to English. I needed help from my dictionary - of course - but it was much less painful than I expected. My first translation without someone looking over my shoulder and helping along the way.

And this morning, I was able to ask for a kilo of oatmeal at the health food store grammatically correctly (a triumph - the woman there intimidates me) and even made a joke with the radish-selling lady.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Belgrade Daily Photo said…

    Awesome!

    I just asked for a kilo of oatmeal a few days ago myself-- but at Maxi.

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Bg anon said…

    Keep up the good work!

    Its a tough language so give yourself a pat on the back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home