Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Friday, May 05, 2006

in spring, one's thoughts turn to . . . conjugation

It doesn’t feel natural to start classes right when the weather gets warm. It's time for school to end, but not for me. I suppose I can't complain. I wasn't in classes for nearly 3 months.

So I’ve started up with the language classes again. . . I’m sure my friends and coworkers are happy that I will no longer be asking them to explain the finer points of Serbian grammar.

I’ve joined a class about a third of the way through the course. I’m trying to play catch up and doing okay so far. The second course focuses mainly on new vocabulary and expression, which is way easier for me than new grammar. We shall see. . .

The unit we finished this morning is about internal clocks. Today, we took a quiz to see if we are a morning person or a night person (I’m in between). It feels appropriate to be talking about such things as I try to adjust to my new schedule. . .

I am trying to find a new rhythm with my new schedule and have not been successful so far. Class and studying for class adds another few hours of obligations to my day and I am trying to figure out how to squeeze them in without shortchanging fun, sleep, or work. . .

If only I could just tack on another few hours on to the day. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home