Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Boys

Working in an office entirely comprised of women and gay men, the topic of men comes up often. When we have big meetings with outsiders, a few of my friends will point out the cutest of the group. Others tell me which stars they have crushes on.

My tastes in boys are a little eclectic (my imaginary boyfriends include Barack Obama, Ira Glass, Johnny Depp, Craig Thompson, Jon Stewart, and after some recent The O.C. watching, Adam Brody), so I can expect others to make interesting choices. . .

But I never see what others see. The men they point out are never people that I find particularly attractive. These guys are average-looking at best. I suppose it speaks well of the world that we are not all ingrained with one universal beauty standard.

Case in point: Rambo Amadeus. He joined the band for one song during the Grupa Kal concert I went to last Friday night with some friends. One of my companions, a friend down from Novi Sad, told me that she thinks he's "sooooo hot." He's not bad-looking by any means & is talented musically and is good politically. I suppose that his music and coining of the term turbo-folk might make him a worthy crush-object, but on his physical attributes alone. . . not so much.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Belgrade Daily Photo said…

    I think he's hot, at least in his younger, more flattering pictures. I'm a sucker for big brown eyes. (I haven't seen him in person though, so...)

    Usually I don't have typical tastes in men either-- never, ever saw the appeal of Brad Pitt and the like. When I was a teenager my big celebrity crush was on Jeremy Irons (that voice-- those big brown eyes!).

    To each their own...

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep doing good work.
    From Sydney

     

Post a Comment

<< Home