Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

my life as a dog

There's a Far Side cartoon about what dogs hear.

Throughout my first Women in Black weekly meeting, I was Ginger, picking out the few words that I recognized:

. . Rachel. . . and. . . fascism. . . one, two, three. . . American. . . October. . . or. . . Republic Square. . . Serbia. . . Reading Lolita in Tehran. . . fifty. . . and. . . Croatia. . . prostitution. . . no. . .Israel. . . good. . . please. . .nationalism. . . Amnesty International. . .yes. . .

Fortunately, D, the woman I am replacing as BVS's person in these parts was sitting beside me, filling me in on everything that I missed.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, remember that the rest of us would be like the cat who may not even understand that people are talking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home