Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Sunday, August 14, 2005

admission of lameness

I spent the last night of BVS orientation with my 3 favorite people there. In addition to us all being catty about everyone who was not in the room, N crafted our 'romantic fantasies' for the coming year. Mine involved meeting a linguists professor from American University while I am buying my Serbian language book in DC and his student tutoring me in Serbian before I leave. We maintain a letter correspondence for a few months & then meeting up when he is at a Slavic languages conference in Split next spring. We then fall in love.

About an hour ago, I was searching Powell's & Amazon for Serbian language learning books, tapes, dictionaries. I have opted not to buy them, but to go to the foreign language bookstore here. I am telling myself that it is because I will get the books so much sooner & will be supporting a local small business & BVS is reimbursing me for it so money isn't an issue & it's near the church I am going to tomorrow, so it's not even a special trip.

. . . but at least part of the reason is because there might just be a linguistics professor that I am fated to meet. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home