Pustolovina: adventure in Serbian

Sunday, September 18, 2005

liquid diet

My Serbian language study is progressing slowly but surely. Earlier this week, I learned how to ask for a beer in a restaurant three different ways. My beverage vocabulary how now expanded to include the words for brandy, wine, whiskey, gin, coffee, tea, various juices (including bilberry - I don't know what a bilberry is, but I can ask for it's juice) and mineral water. The only food I know how to say is bread.

If the next few chapters of the book do not have more food words, I might have a liquid and bread diet upon my arrival in Belgrade.

Thankfully, I can also say "Pleased to meet you. Let me introduce you to my wife." and "I speak Macedonian, German, Russian, and Croatian," phrases that are sure to come in handy.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Belgrade Daily Photo said…

    Hi I take it you're in Serbia now? (So am I). Keep posting! I look forward to your future entries.

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Belgrade Daily Photo said…

    Hi Rachel,
    I just received your comment. For how long will you be staying in Belgrade?

    Sure I'm up for meeting for coffee. Email me when you get to town! And I'll be keeping an eye on your blog for sure! :)

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Katja R. said…

    bilberry is the European form of a blueberry, they make a tea with it and juice, both are good!

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Katja R. said…

    bilberry is the European form of a blueberry, they make a tea with it and juice, both are good!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home